The fans have spoken
"We got PHENOMENAL seats for a low price. We're very satisfied with the service."
"Very easy to use. There's no hidden fees so you know exactly how much each ticket is."
"Great seats at a great price. Purchasing and receiving the Etickets was easy and fast."
Washington Wizards Details
Originally the Chicago Packers when they joined the league in 1961, the franchise moved to Baltimore in 1963 and to Washington, DC in 1973. In Baltimore, and in the organization’s first 24 years in DC, the team was called the Bullets. The Washington Bullets won the franchise’s only NBA Championship in 1978.
Michael Jordan became a minority owner of the Wizards after he retired from the Chicago Bulls. After a short time as an owner, Jordan came out of retirement again to play for the Wizards. The team had mixed success: Jordan’s numbers were respectable, especially for his age—he was 40 in his last season—but the Wizards did not make the playoffs in his two years as a player. The Wizards controversially fired Jordan after he retired as a player for the last time.
In 2016-17, the Wizards had their best season since the Bullets won the Western Conference in 1979. The Wizards won the Southeast Division, finishing six games ahead of the second place Hawks and capturing their first division title since ’79. The Wizards defeated the Hawks in the first round of the playoffs before losing in seven games to the Boston Celtics.
The Wizards have one of the best starting lineups in the NBA. Point guard John Wall was an all-star last season and signed a max contract this offseason to stay in Washington. Small forward Otto Porter has continued to develop—he set career highs in most categories—and was sought after in the offseason by the Brooklyn Nets. Shooting guard Bradley Beal also improved last season, scoring over 20 points per game for the first time in his career. The Wizards are an exciting young team, and their dynamic starting lineup should stay intact for a while.
How to purchase Washington Wizards tickets
Find the right seat, right now. SeatGeek offers the best way to buy Washington Wizards tickets.
- The list above displays all upcoming Wizards games. Once you find the game you'd like to attend, clicking the green button on the right hand side of the screen will take you to a SeatGeek event page, which displays all available tickets.
- On this page, browse available tickets on the left hand side of the screen. The filters at the bottom can sort tickets by price or by SeatGeek's Deal Score system, which ranks tickets by value, scoring each listing to tell you exactly how good of a deal you are getting. Explore SeatGeek's best-in-class maps to find your favorite seating section, and use our View From Seat feature to see precisely what your view will look like before buying.
- When you are ready to buy a ticket, click on the listing, and you will be directed to SeatGeek's checkout process.
- Upon completion of the information fields, your order will be processed and tickets will be delivered via email or to your mobile device.
When do Wizards playoff tickets go on sale?
NBA playoff tickets typically go on sale in April. To get alerts on Wizards playoff tickets, make sure to sign up for a SeatGeek account.
Washington Wizards schedule
Browse the listings above to see all upcoming games, and visit the Wizards Schedule page. The regular season starts October 18, 2017, and ends April 11, 2018.
How much do Wizards tickets cost?
There are ticket options for every fan at every price point on SeatGeek. Wizards tickets typically cost $16 and up. For more information about Wizards ticket prices, visit the Wizards Ticket Prices page.
When do the Wizards play the Celtics?
Wizards-Celtics takes place on December 25 and March 14 in Boston and February 8 and April 10 in Washington DC. See our Wizards vs. Celtics matchup page for more information.
Washington Wizards Top Matchups
The Washington Wizards have a number of exciting matchups this season, see below for their top rivalries.
- Wizards vs. Hawks Tickets
- Wizards vs. Hornets Tickets
- Wizards vs. Heat Tickets
- Wizards vs. Magic Tickets
- Wizards vs. Mavericks Tickets
- Wizards vs. Rockets Tickets
- Wizards vs. Grizzlies Tickets
- Wizards vs. Pelicans Tickets
- Wizards vs. Spurs Tickets
- Wizards vs. Celtics Tickets
- Wizards vs. Nets Tickets
- Wizards vs. Knicks Tickets
- Wizards vs. 76ers Tickets
- Wizards vs. Raptors Tickets
October 13, 2017
The Six Most Exciting NBA Teams to See for Under $50
Good seats for under $50 are usually synonymous with bad or boring play, but for these six NBA teams a great night of basketball comes on the cheap. #1. Denver Nuggets Two words: Nikola Jokic. From Sombor, Serbia, Jokic has quietly transformed into the best big man passer in the NBA. His no-look dumps, crosscourt…
June 19, 2017
7 NBA Final Upsets We Should Have Seen Coming
On June 12, NBA fans watched the Golden State Warriors put the Cleveland Cavaliers season to rest. Game 4 wrapped up a one-sided NBA Finals series, one where many sports fans still couldn’t believe that a Lebron James-led Cavs performed so poorly. Some might even consider it an upset, despite the fact that it was…
February 3, 2016
Wizards See Record-Breaking Ticket Prices for Tonight's Game
At an average price of $197 on the resale market, tickets to Warriors at Wizards this evening are not only the most expensive Wizards game this season, but the most expensive Wizards home game on the secondary market since at least 2010. This is one of the hottest tickets ever for a single sporting event…